I particularly enjoyed developing the FUNomusica Family Concerts as part of my job working for a professional orchestra. This prompted me to want to learn more about the role of music education within the music industry whether it is in schools, orchestras or part of outreach projects. I wanted to discover what opportunities there were to enter into this field, looking at the role of the music teacher, animateur and administrator.
I volunteered on a number music outreach projects as well as shadowing music practioneers which came to a total of 9 days work experience:
- Volunteered at Musical Pictures: Royal Philharmonic Orchestra/Tate Britain (1 day)
- Volunteered at Re-composing Debussy: Oxford Schools Project with Kate Comberti (1 day)
- Observed the Space Project: Oxford Schools Project with Sam Glazer (1 Day)
- Volunteered with BBC Learning Team: Family Orchestra Prom, Family orchestra & Inspire Day (5 days)
- Shadowed Music Classes in Oxford Primary school (1 day)